The Energy Exchange (EE) Program is an integral part of the life and functionality of YogaSport. Our EE members help to maintain and foster the atmosphere, operations and cleanliness of the studio.
This program is intended for YS students who want to be more involved with the community and feel led to help out our team, or who for whatever reason cannot allocate funds toward a regular yoga practice, the opportunity to practice with us in exchange for helping out around the studio.
We consider our staff here at YS a family, and our environment thrives on those who are passionate about adding to the liveliness of the studio and team. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, here’s what you need to know:
- Each week, you dedicate approximately four hours of your time to helping us with cleaning the studio, administrative tasks and/or checking-in students to class.
- Energy Exchangers are invited to practice with us at full membership status – which means you get ALL the perks! including free unlimited yoga, discounts on workshops, free guest passes, etc. (see more here).
- You will also get a 20% discount on select retail items at YS.
- We require a minimum six-month commitment.
- You will be scheduled for four hours each week on a specific day or days.
- You will have either one four hour shift or two two hours shifts and the shifts will be the same each week.
- You will go through an interview process as well as 3-4 training sessions before you take on your official shift(s).
We love our EE program both because it provides unlimited practice to those who may not be able to commit to YS financially (but still want to be here), and because it encourages participants to become a part of the community, become more involved in our studio, learn about upcoming events, and to get to know our teachers and fellow yogis and certainly, as a result, to deepen their practice.
“The EE program has allowed me to continue my practice, so I’m infinitely grateful to be
involved. The coolest part is being a part of the YS team. I feel like I’m an integral piece that makes
the studio run, which makes me proud. And I love getting to know the yogis and teachers!”
-Lindsey Rose, EE Member
We are currently not hiring for the Energy Exchange team, but please feel free to submit your application to be considering during our next round of hiring.